As Malaysians, we all know that mamak food is memang best because its both cheap and tasty. So what if its cleanliness rating isn’t always A grade? Its the “extra” flavour that we locals love.
But there’s always a limit to the standard of hygiene that we should settle for. And this definitely exceeds what we’re comfortable with.
Posted by Kelab Info Malaysia on Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Just yesterday, 24-year-old Wan Mohd Amirul uploaded a nauseating video of worms squirming from the fried chicken of a Maggi goreng ayam dish he ordered at a local eatery in Seri Manjung, Perak.
According to a Facebook post from Kelab Info Malaysia, Amirul said he felt like something was amiss about the dish when he and his friend ordered food at the eatery at around 5am yesterday (6th November).
“I think the instant noodles didn’t have a problem. It’s just the worms from the chicken. I think they have been festering over the past couple of days. Luckily, my friend didn’t touch his meal yet.”
“My friend already informed the owners of the eatery about this and it shouldn’t happen just because the owner of the restaurant doesn’t prioritise hygiene.”
Amirul said he uploaded the now-viral video on Facebook because he wanted netizens to stay informed and be careful about where they eat. Always check your food before you put it in your mouth.
He said, “I don’t have any evil intention. I just want to remind others to be more careful when it comes to food.”
“Before this, there were cases about dirty eateries but the owners don’t care and still want to reuse old ingredients that are no longer fresh or safe to eat.”
“I hope this serves as a reminder that it can happen to anyone, it happened to my friend. I hope the authorities will take action accordingly.”
Since the cringe-inducing video went viral, a notice for the eatery’s closure has been issued.
Meanwhile, the Perak’s Director of Health, Datuk Chen Limin, has since released a statement.
“No official complaints were made but the video went viral on social media and we are still in the process of investigating this.”
Those who went to the eatery to assess the situation said that authorities have closed the place down for two weeks starting 6th November till 20th November. They couldn’t get a statement from the owners of the eatery as they were not present during this time.
So think twice next time before you dig into that plate of maggi goreng. You can never be too safe about the hygiene of your food.
Vitamin C: 5 Fascinating Facts M’sians Need To Know About The Most Popular Vitamin In The World
Ever since we were kids, our moms would tell us to take vitamin C so we don’t get sick. Most...
OMG! This e-Wallet Lets M’sians Pick & Win ANY Gift They Want, Including a Samsung S20 Ultra!
As of today, e-wallets are widely used all over the country. It’s safer, more convenient, and with the multitude of...
Watch: Malaysian Men Completely Transformed After Doing The Viral ‘HairSome’ Challenge
With the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) still in place, one of the many businesses still not allowed to operate...
- Life11 hours ago
Covid-19: Japan Bans ALL Tourists From Malaysia Indefinitely
- Heartbreaking13 hours ago
Elderly Uncle Loses Job, But Starves Himself to Feed 93yo Mom and Sister
- Viral10 hours ago
‘Covid-19 is Like Your Wife’: Indonesian Minister Slammed Worldwide for His Sexist Claims
- Malaysia12 hours ago
Starting 1 June, These Are the 2 Conditions for Interstate Travel