Connect with us

Social Stories

M’sians Allegedly Raised Concerns About Possible Pipeline Explosion Since Last Year Due to Construction on Site

Published

My Post 1 2025 04 02T130732.941
Source: Haji Mohd Zaffarollah | Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

The UMNO Youth Committee Leader for Kota Raya, Haji Mohd Zaffarollah, recently took to his Facebook page to question how construction was allowed anywhere near the gas pipeline that exploded yesterday (Tuesday – April 1), especially considering residents in the area have voiced their concerns since last year!

Explosion 4

Explosion 5 E1743570174471

He wrote, “Since December 17 (2024), residents have been expressing concerns. According to sources, even though it was the first day of Hari Raya (Monday – March 31), there was digging work using backhoes. The question is, how was their Planning Permission (KM) approved (considering it was by the) Petronas reserve?”

“Hopefully, (the local authorities) can answer this question and rumour immediately, is it true that the KM was given or did the developer violate the KM conditions?”

 

In December, a resident claimed that construction had crossed into a gas pipeline area

He also showcased a screenshot of a WhatsApp conversation from December 17, 2024, where a resident had recorded the construction on his dashcam and claimed that the construction had entered the land where the gas pipeline was laid.

Explosion 1

“This needs to be reported. If they hit the pipe, the explosion will reach my house. And these people are casually playing (with the land),”

“They’ve entered the boundary already, they’ve torn down the fence (to the reserve),” the message read.

Haji Mohd Zaffarollah added that he isn’t sure if the images shown are from the location of the recent explosion or if it was a different location, but if it is a different location, the authorities should take early action before another explosion happens.

 

They did, indeed, receive approval

According to a report by Harian Metro, the development project near the location of the gas pipeline explosion in Putra Heights did receive approval from authorities.

Subang Jaya Mayor, Datuk Amirul Azizan Abd Rahim, shared that the project was not within Petronas’s Right of Way (ROW), and was granted approval and KM in 2022.

Explosion 2 E1743569852864

Explosion 3 E1743569890169

“The project went through the appropriate approval process, including obtaining permission from Petronas to use the ROW for the Indah Water Konsortium (IWK) route. In addition, the contractor involved is also a panel approved by IWK and Petronas,” he said.

When asked to address the speculations on social media, he said his party would not provide an official response at this time as a detailed investigation is still being conducted by Petronas, the police and other relevant authorities.

“We need to wait for the results of the investigation to find out the exact cause of the fire and explosion.”

Explosion 6

However, he did mention that the project was supposed to be completed in December 2024, but was delayed because it was still in the process of obtaining the Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC).

“I am not sure about the exact cause of this delay because it is outside my jurisdiction. It may involve financial factors or others, but what is certain is that all approvals were obtained according to the prescribed procedures,”

“The project complies with all the conditions and regulations set by the authorities,” he added.

 

What do you think about this? Do feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.

 

Also read: Subang MP Urges Residents Not to Panic as Gas Pipeline Fire Did NOT Happen in Subang Jaya

My Post 1 2025 04 02T114616.128

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 17 Collage 17
News3 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News4 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News5 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News6 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News6 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News1 week ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News1 week ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Dd Ft 17 Dd Ft 17
News2 weeks ago

“I forgive him” – Father of 8yo Girl Fatally Struck Near Johor School Urges Public Not to Blame Van Driver

An 8-year-old student was fatally struck in front of Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Seri Maimon in Parit Sulong, Batu Pahat, Johor,...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY