Connect with us

News

M’sian Shares How She Lost Over RM240k to Sweet-Talking Man Who Called Her ‘Baby’ & ‘Sayang’

Published

My Post 1 2025 06 24T153502.170
Source: Canva & Kosmo

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Due to the sweet words of a stranger, a cosmetics entrepreneur lost over RM240,000 after being duped into a non-existent camping equipment business.

According to a report by Kosmo, the victim, a 51-year-old woman identified as Chan, claimed to have met the man through an outdoors and camping social media group before becoming close to the man.

In just 3 days, he called me ‘sayang’, ‘baby’ and ‘dear’

“As a single mother who raised a son for 18 years, I have never received so much attention,” she said at a press conference held by the Malaysia International Humanitarian Organisation (MHO).

Scam 1

After throwing sweet words at the victim, the man claimed to need capital to run a camping equipment rental business and persuaded her to invest.

“I handed over the money in stages, online and in cash, until the amount reached RM240,600. But, after more than a year, I didn’t received a single cent.”

That’s when she started looking into the ‘camping equipment business’.

She explained that she started checking the background of the ‘business’ and found that the man had never registered the ‘business’ legally, and he also sent her receipts that were suspected to be fake.

“I demanded my money back, but he refused to negotiate and started behaving aggressively. Now, he has blocked all communications,” she added.

 

She’s not the only one

The victim discovered that the man has apparently deceived many other women, and she is still actively looking for more victims.

Fades 14

This image is for illustration purposes only.

“So far, we have identified more than 10 female victims. His fraud is not only about love and money, but also threats. He is still at large, and we are worried that he will find new victims,” she said.

Her friend, 58-year-old Joe Teoh, also found the situation suspicious and helped to reach out to the man.

“I tried to contact the man, and he responded with threats. He said he knew where I lived and asked me not to interfere,” Teoh shared, adding that he hopes other women, who are active in outdoor activities, will be careful and not fall victim to the man.

 

MHO Secretary-General Datuk Hishamuddin Hashim chimed in to condemn the delay in the investigations into this case, adding that it could cause injustice to the victim.

“We appeal to the Head of the Commercial Crime Investigation Department (JSJK) of the Timur Laut IPD in Penang, to investigate this case thoroughly and immediately so that there are no more victims,” he said.

What do you think about this? Do feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.

 

Also read: M’sian Claims Mall Security Guard Took Her on 25-Minute Buggy Ride in Parking Lot & Asked for Her Number

My Post 1 2025 06 23T102952.859

Source: Harian Metro
Source: Canva

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News22 minutes ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences involving her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News55 minutes ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News3 hours ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News3 hours ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News1 day ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News2 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News6 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News6 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY