Most of us who study or work in the city would know that life in Klang Valley can be fairly hectic and stressful. That’s why we treasure our weekends so much! Well, in case you’re on the lookout for places to escape to that doesn’t require a long drive, here are some chill and rustic locations in and around Klang Valley you could visit to forget about all your worries:
1. Get lost in the middle of a rainforest at Templer Park Rainforest Retreat @ Rawang
One of the best places to be if all you want to do is sit back, relax and take in some fresh air. Although it’s located fairly close by to the city centre, this rainforest retreat area is situated on a hilltop surrounded by the Kanching Rainforest Reserve. What to expect:
- Surround yourself with greenery and enjoy scenic views overlooking nearby mountains
- There’s also a lake and golf course nearby
- Take a dip in the pool right in the middle of the rainforest
Address: 22, Jalan 3/2, Templer Height, Templer Park, 48000 Rawang, Selangor.
2. Do some retail therapy at one of the most rustic stores you’ll ever find: Snackfood @ Bangsar
From fashion to homely decor and general curiosities, you’ll be able to find it all here at Snackfood. This quaint little store even sells Kinfolk, Uppercase and Smith Journals magazines. What to expect:
- Two resident cats by the name of Blackjack and Terror roam around the store freely so be sure to give them a pet
- The rustic decor, wooden floors, and organised mess in the store will make you feel like right at home
- Find a whole range of statement home pieces, bags, accessories, specialty books and more!
Address: 17a, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, KL.
3. If you have green fingers or you just enjoy being surrounded by greenery, visit the Free Tree Society @ Bangsar
Established in 2013, this environmental organisation spreads the environmental stewardship message by giving away trees to the public for FREE in hopes of creating a greener earth. What to expect:
- Get hands-on experience on how you can help mother nature through their many workshops which cover topics ranging from environmental awareness, waste management to rainwater harvesting, gardening, biodiversity and more.
- On special giveaway days, you can drop by and take a plant home with you, for FREE!
- If you have time on your hands, come and volunteer and give birth to newly potted plants (no gardening experience required)
Address: 91, Jalan Limau Purut, Bangsar, KL.
4. Channel your inner Picasso and visit this contemporary artspace known as Lostgens’ @ Jalan Panggong
Birthed in 2004 by a collective of artists, this space started as a private project to host indie artists and showcase unique works to the world. What to expect:
- Unique exhibitions of artworks from artists of different backgrounds
- Talks and workshops conducted by professionals
- A quiet yet edgy space where you can admire beautiful artwork and be at peace with your thoughts too
Address: 8c, Jalan Panggong, KL.
5. Check out the Strongbow Nature Takes Over experience @ S’MORES, Plaza Arkadia where nature meets the city
Speaking of bringing nature to the city, Strongbow Apple Ciders has worked with three celebrated Malaysian nature artists to transform S’mores Arkadia into an urban-meets-nature oasis! What to expect:
- Enjoy a bar taken over by different elements of nature from around the world ranging from hanging terrariums, African cacti and tropical green plants
- Pair that with ice-cold Strongbow Apple Ciders for a truly refreshing experience
FYI, one of the collaborators happens to be Eunice Teoh, the principle florist behind the Hollywood smash hit Crazy Rich Asians.Moss Boss also happens to be the expert behind the gorgeous terrarium landscaping as well. Last but not least, Sputnik Forest Labs also worked their nature charm by transforming the interior and exterior spaces with plants into expressions of visual arts. So be sure to check out the Strongbow Nature Takes Over experience at S’MORES:
Date: 2 – 11 August 2019
Time: 12pm – 12am, daily
Location: S’MORES, F-G-1, Plaza Arkadia, Desa Park City, 52200, KL.
What are you waiting for?! Grab your friends and head to S’MORES ASAP okay! For more info, check out this page.
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
Here Are 6 Things Every Malaysian Should Know About Car Loans Before Even Picking One Out
So you’re ready to go out there and take on the world but there’s one aspect of adulting you are...
- Current Affairs22 hours ago
JUST IN: All Schools to Reopen In Stages Starting 15 July 2020
- Current Affairs19 hours ago
Sunway University Is Winning By Putting Celebrity Cutouts To Ensure Social Distancing!
- Current Affairs20 hours ago
M’sian Applies For Job On Facebook But Gets Blackmailed By Scammer Using Her Personal Info
- Current Affairs20 hours ago
Malaysia Records Only ONE New Covid-19 Case On 1 July!