Connect with us

News

Viral Balloon Vendor Begins Legal Proceedings Against DBKL Officers Involved in Physical Dispute

Published

My Post 4 48
Source: Utusan & Akmal Saleh | Facebook & Malaysia Gazette | Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Just over a month ago, it was reported that Kuala Lumpur City Council (DBKL) officers were involved in a physical dispute with a balloon vendor, leading the vendor to allegedly sustain severe injuries and the incident to go viral online.

Now, the balloon vendor, Muhammad Zaimuddin Azlan, has begun the process of filing a lawsuit against the officers involved.

According to a report by the Malaysia Gazette, the vendor’s lawyer, Rafique Rashid, shared that his party has sent a letter to DBKL to obtain the information of the enforcement officers involved in the incident, so that they can take the case to court.

Abang Belon 1

“Today, we have officially written a letter to the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur, to the Director of Legal and Prosecutions of DBKL, as well as to the Director of the DBKL Enforcement Division, to state that brother Zaimuddin has officially requested the names and ranks of the DBKL enforcement officers involved,”

“We feel there is an urgent need to initiate civil legal action against the officers concerned. Either we can file a notice of claim first, or we can sue directly,” he said.

 

Many didn’t believe Zaimuddin sustained serious injuries

Abang Belon 3

Previously, he had denied that he was faking the severity of his injuries and insisted he was given a 48-day sick leave certificate by a government doctor as he was allegedly at risk of becoming paralysed after enduring a bone injury due to the brutality.

Zaimuddin and his lawyer then held a press conference on April 6 to address the rumours that his injuries were being upsold. His lawyer confirmed they received a full medical report issued by Serdang Hospital that stated that his client’s injuries could lead to the risk of paralysis.

“We are also ready to consider taking action against social media users who defame Abang Belon, whether it is about a lawsuit for shame, damages, and so on,” he said at that time.

 

What do you think about this? Do feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.

 

Also read: “I’m in Kedah, but the car is in Sarawak” – M’sian Receives RM300 Summons for Car He Doesn’t Own

My Post 1 2025 05 07T121442.891

Source: Utusan

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 24 Collage 24
News8 hours ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News11 hours ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News12 hours ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News14 hours ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News14 hours ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News1 day ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News2 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News6 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY