Now that we’ve been enduring a heat wave for a while, many of us are feeling the need to douse ourselves head first with cold water to cool down.
Well, it looks like we might need to refrain from doing that.
Singaporean human rights lawyer and activist, M Ravi, recently took to his Facebook page to share an incident where someone had allegedly died from showering head first after being out in the hot sun.
He wrote, “Please bathe safely during this damn humid weather. Was speaking to a friend yesterday who said his relative died due to showering in a risky manner.”
“She apparently was out in the hot weather. When she poured water over her head during her shower, her cerebral arteries had burst and she went into a coma and died. She was, in fact, a healthy person with no medical issues.”
He went on to explain that it is always best to start from the feet first when showering
“My friend was asking how I take my shower during the super hot season. I shared with him that first, I start with my feet then slowly progress to the upper body, then to the head.”
“You can feel the flow of blood pressure balancing in your body. You can immediately feel the impact on your head when you shower from your feet. Just sharing this shower note with you,” he added.
Who knew that even taking a shower can be a dangerous situation.
We genuinely hope that everyone stays safe during this heat wave and shower responsibly!
Also read: M’sian Shocked That Foreign Workers Have More Savings in Their Accounts Compared to Locals