Smokers, take note!
A 35-year-old man from Kangar, Perlis almost burned to death at his home at Sri Sena when he fell asleep while his cigarette, that was still lit, was still in his hand.
Khairul Arnizar Embi, said that he had returned home at 1.50pm and was smoking but had fallen asleep, causing him to let go of the cigarette.
Moments later, he was shocked to wake up to the smell of smoke and realised that his whole living room was on fire. He then immediately got out of the apartment to save himself, reported Kosmo! Online.
The Perlis Malaysia Fire and Rescue Department was alerted at 1.58pm and rushed to the scene where they managed to put out the fire that had burned about 70 percent of the apartment unit.
Perlis Malaysia Fire and Rescue Department deputy director Mohd Khairull Rizall Yahya said that 10 members and three fire engines rushed to the location upon receiving the call.
Khairul told reporters that he regrets what happened when he let go of the cigarette because he fell asleep. And because of this, he did not have enough time to save anything from his house. He was, however, grateful that the fire did not spread to his neighbour’s house.
In the meantime, Khairul has no choice but to stay at his mother’s house which is in the same block as his apartment. He also mentioned that he is unable to estimate the amount of losses he incurred from the fire.
Thankfully he was able to wake up in time to save his own life! Unfortunately, his house and most of his belongings could not be saved.
Thailand Will Not Open Its International Borders To Tourists Until 2021
The Deputy Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand has announced that it is highly unlikely for the country to...
Dead Baby Rats Found In Kampar Supermarket In Perak
Would it be very shocking for you if you saw dead baby rats in the aisle of a supermarket? In...
Could Russia’s Plan To Register World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine Soon, Be Too Good To Be True?
The Covid-19 virus has put quite a dent in our 2020. For some, the lockdowns were hell because of the...
Video: Six Students Sustain Injuries After Roof Parts Fall On Them During Melaka Freak Storm
The freak storm that happened today in Melaka caused some extensive damage to properties and businesses. Not only that, but...
Watch: Car In Kedah Overturns After Crashing Into Bezza That Was Trying To Drive Across Junction
In an accident that happened in Kedah today (11 August) at 3.15pm, a car turned turtle after it collided with...
- Current Affairs11 hours ago
Video: Freak Storm Hits Melaka This Morning Causing Major Property Damage
- Current Affairs14 hours ago
Volcano That Erupted In Sumatra Expected To Affect Malaysian States & Flight Operations
- Current Affairs11 hours ago
PDRM: You Will Have To Go To Court And Pay RM1,000 If Caught Using Your Phone While Driving
- News14 hours ago
These 70yo Hangzhou Grandpas Are So Ripped, They’re Probably Fitter Than We’ll Ever Be