The chance to study overseas is a dream for a lot of us. After all, you’ll get to experience a different climate, meet new friends from different cultures and make some cool memories that you’ll treasure forever.
If you’re interested in pursuing your studies overseas, here are some scholarships that you can begin applying for right now!
1. Khazanah Global Scholarship
Khazanah offers different scholarship opportunities to students but the global scholarship specifically lets you explore options at their approved universities overseas.
Source: Yayasan Khazanah
- Business: Finance, Accountancy, Law, International Business, Actuarial Sciences, etc.
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.
- Life Sciences: Biotechnology, etc.
- Other Disciplines / Courses: Subjects that are non-traditional / niche-area subjects that are critical to the development of the nation.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities.
- Obtained admission to pursue studies (conditional offer can be considered) or currently in the first year of a Bachelor’s Degree programme at any of the Yayasan Khazanah approved list of universities.
- Obtained a minimum of:
- 3As for STPM; or
- 3As for GCE A-Level Programme; or
- CGPA 3.50 / 4.00 for Pre-university or Diploma or Foundation or Matriculation Programme; or
- 38 points for International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme; or
- 90.0 for the Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) or South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
- AND a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (UK and Australia University) or where there is a point system, obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 / 4.00 for Bachelor’s Degree in semester exam for those who are currently in the first year of a Bachelor’s Degree Programme at any of Yayasan Khazanah’s approved list of universities.
- Not exceeding 21 years of age, at the enrolment date for the Degree Programme.
6th of April 2018.
How to apply:
- Go to this site to apply.
For more info, you can read further here.
2. Shell Malaysia Scholarship Programme
Shell offers sponsorship in fields related to the industry that they are involved in.
Source: Shell Malaysia
- Engineering: Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Petroleum, Electrical & Electronics
- Sciences: Geology, Geosciences, Geomatics, Geophysics
- Commercial: Human Resources, Business & Management
- Strong leadership skills and active participation in extracurricular activities such as societies and clubs, sports, etc.
- Not presently holding other scholarships/loans.
- Consistently strong academic achievements as follows:
- Minimum 8A’s (A/A+) in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM); or
- Excellent O-level grades at IGCSE (A*/A)
- Prior to application, do ensure you are eligible to work in the country where the scholarship program is offered.
- Not exceeding 18 years of age, at the enrolment date for the foundation studies.
25th of March 2018.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application.
- After you submit the online application, you’ll have to complete 3 different online assignments, which need to be completed within 10 days.
- If you’re shortlisted, you’ll be asked to complete an on-demand video interview.
- If you pass, there’s a final interview.
If you’re keen to apply, you can find out more here.
3. Yayasan Sime Darby (YSD) Scholarships
Yayasan Sime Darby (YSD) has different varieties of scholarships. The ones that offer you the chance to go overseas require you to complete a Pre-U course first. The China programme allows you to go straight to China, whereas the UK programme requires you to complete your studies locally first before heading to the UK.
Source: Yayasan Sime Darby
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Economics)
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Business Studies)
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Finance)
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Mechanical Engineering)
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Electrical Engineering)
For the UK:
- Mass Communication (Digital Marketing)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Actuarial Science
- Mathematics/Statistical Science
- Agricultural Science
- Environmental Science
- Plantation Technology
- Data Science
- Computer Science
- Environment, Health and Safety
- Landscape Architecture
Depending on which course you’re applying for, the basic requirements are:
- Aged 18 years old or below.
- Obtained at least 7A’s (A+ and A only) for SPM 2017 Examination.
- Total monthly gross household income of RM10,000 and below.
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting events and community service.
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies.
- UK programme – 26th of March 2018.
- China programme – 6th of April 2018.
How to apply:
Find out more details about these and other programmes here.
Pro-Tip: If you’re particularly interested in travelling to Australia for your studies, check out the MAAC site for potential scholarships you could apply for.
Wait no more and start applying for the scholarship you’re keen on!
Shah Alam Traffic Light Timer Is So Long, This Motorcyclist Decided to Kick Back and Relax
If you are currently staying in Shah Alam or have gone there before, you know that apart from the countless...
Watch: Driver Leaves A WHOLE Sack Of Onions On Car Roof & Drives Around
Whether we realise it or not, the roof of our car more often than not, winds up being a really...
MR DIY Opens MR Dollar Where EVERYTHING Is RM2 Or RM5
You know you’re an adult when you go to MR. D.I.Y. to buy one specific item but end up with...
PM Muhyiddin: Malaysia Will Contribute RM1 Million To Help Lebanon
The Malaysian government will channel humanitarian aid of RM1 million to help the Lebanese people affected by the explosion in...
Student Breaks Down After Being Fined RM1,000 For Not Wearing Mask Correctly
As we all know by now, the use of face masks has been made mandatory by the federal government as...
- Current Affairs20 hours ago
JUST IN: Penang Man Found Breaking Home Quarantine At Exhibition Centre, Fined RM1,000
- Videos20 hours ago
Watch: Little Girl Cries A River After Her CAT Destroys Her Homework
- News21 hours ago
Cancer Survivor Auntie Sells RM1 Nasi Lemak By Roadside To Survive
- Lifestyle22 hours ago
Emirates Offers Free Funerals For Passengers Infected With Covid-19 During The Journey