With the Covid-19 outbreak growing more rampant all around the world, we’ve all been trying to be as hygienic as possible. Even young kids are given hand sanitisers to stay clear of the virus. However, this can potentially be really dangerous.
A three-year-old girl from Jakarta suffered severe burns on her face, arm and leg after she walked near a garbage fire near her house while holding a bottle of hand sanitiser.
According to Sin Chew Daily, the incident happened on 4 April and the girl was immediately brought to a nearby hospital for emergency treatment. However, because the hospital specialises in treating Covid-19 cases, the girl was transferred to another hospital for treatment.
Her wounds were dealt with swiftly and she is now recovering.
However, her family isn’t able to pay for the hospital bill of 21 million rupiah (RM5,740) and still has to bring the girl back to the hospital for check ups and wound cleaning. They have since sought to Facebook to ask for donations.
Meanwhile, the girl’s father is currently stuck in Tangerang due to the state lockdown and isn’t able to return home to take care of his children.
According to a study conducted in the US, hand sanitiser is generally composed of approximately 60% ethyl alcohol by volume and is flammable. While usually the alcohol in hand sanitisers evaporate relatively quickly (at least 10 seconds), it being contained in a bottle is much different.
The US Centres of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns of fire safety when using alcohol-based hand rubs, as its alcohol component readily evaporates into an ignitable vapor at room temperature. However, for proper use, and to minimise the risk of fire, the CDC also states that users should rub their hands until dry, indicating that all flammable alcohol has evaporated.
The poor girl! Hopefully she will be able to recover soon!
Thailand Will Not Open Its International Borders To Tourists Until 2021
The Deputy Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand has announced that it is highly unlikely for the country to...
Dead Baby Rats Found In Kampar Supermarket In Perak
Would it be very shocking for you if you saw dead baby rats in the aisle of a supermarket? In...
Could Russia’s Plan To Register World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine Soon, Be Too Good To Be True?
The Covid-19 virus has put quite a dent in our 2020. For some, the lockdowns were hell because of the...
Video: Six Students Sustain Injuries After Roof Parts Fall On Them During Melaka Freak Storm
The freak storm that happened today in Melaka caused some extensive damage to properties and businesses. Not only that, but...
Watch: Car In Kedah Overturns After Crashing Into Bezza That Was Trying To Drive Across Junction
In an accident that happened in Kedah today (11 August) at 3.15pm, a car turned turtle after it collided with...
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
Video: Freak Storm Hits Melaka This Morning Causing Major Property Damage
- Current Affairs19 hours ago
Volcano That Erupted In Sumatra Expected To Affect Malaysian States & Flight Operations
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
PDRM: You Will Have To Go To Court And Pay RM1,000 If Caught Using Your Phone While Driving
- News18 hours ago
These 70yo Hangzhou Grandpas Are So Ripped, They’re Probably Fitter Than We’ll Ever Be