fbpx

Connect with us

Current Affairs

2yo Tragically Passes Away After Choking on Bread at Selayang Babysitter’s House

Published

on

- WORLD OF BUZZ
Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

The diet of a toddler is usually very specific and there are certain foods that they should not eat. The same goes to the size of the food that they’re being fed.

According to the New Straits Times, a two-year-old girl fell unconscious after choking on a piece of bread at her babysitter’s house in Selayang on 1st July. She was then sent to Hospital Selayang at 10am that day in an effort to resuscitate her. Unfortunately, girl passed away four days after being admitted there.

Gombak police chief Assistant Commissioner Samsor Maarof stated that according to the medical staff, they found a piece of bread while attempting the resuscitation process.


Source: Facebook

“She was pronounced dead at 10:39 am on Thursday,” he said.

Samsor also said that according to the post-mortem, the girl died of “hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy” (HIE) with multiple organ failure.

He elaborated that HIE could occur if the victim did not get enough oxygen and blood flowing into the brain.

This unfortunate case is now being investigated under Section 31(1) (a) of the Child Act.

Remember to always be careful while feeding little ones. Only feed them bite-sized foods with frequent surveillance to avoid such cases from happening.

 

Also read: Girl Gets Choked By a Mouthful of Feathers While Biting Into McDonald’s Chicken

Girl Gets Choked By a Mouthful of Feathers While Biting Into McDonald's Chicken - WORLD OF BUZZ

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Latest Videos

Announcement



TRENDING TODAY