Every country has its own unique qualities, and for us Malaysians, we definitely pride ourselves with the AMAZING food our Bolehland has to offer. With great food comes great struggles as well, and here are some of the things we Malaysians who love food definitely face:
1. It’s more than just ‘for survival’
Yes, eating is meant to keep humans alive but not for most Malaysians who are known to be foodies! We eat at will and not because of a hungry stomach okay? Just done with lunch? Let’s go indulge in some Pisang Goreng and maybe a bowl of Cendol after!
2. The constant dilemma of choosing where and what to eat
As Malaysians, we are spoilt for choice. There’s Malay cuisine, Chinese, Indian and not to mention the all-time favourite mamak. So roti canai or char kuey tiow? We can hardly decide really!
3. Judging your friends when they say they ‘don’t like food’
4. Food overseas just don’t taste like the ones back home and you’ll start to miss them immensely
When we’re overseas, food usually never taste as good as the ones back home. They are either too bland or is missing that extra something. Not to mention all your friends back home who are making you die a little more inside every time you stumble across their pictures of the delicious, delicious local food.
5. Going on a diet is practically impossible
Come on, all true Malaysian food lovers will know the pain of trying to go on a diet. It’s seriously IMPOSSIBLE!
6. Going broke because eating is basically like a past-time
Bored? Stressed? Meeting up with friends you didn’t see for a while? As Malaysians, we have the perfect plan for this, it’s to makan! And because of all this makan, it’s seriously hard to save any money.
7. That struggle to say “No, thanks” while being offered food because you actually secretly really want it
As Asians, it’s our nature to decline an offer from someone because paiseh mah! So when someone asks, “Do you want to try some?”, 90% of the time, we’d say “No, thanks,” but in all honesty, we are dying inside after rejecting food.
8. Hoping that friend asks you a second time, or insists a little more, just so you can finally say “Yes”
Nyehehe. Admit it, we all do this.
9. Deeming someone as a saint just because they offered you free food
Yes, unfortunately it’s that easy to buy our love.
10. Trying REALLY hard not to lash out at someone just because you have an empty stomach
Hangry is a real thing okay? Try being nice to someone when your body is begging for food!
11. Worse, that anger when someone f***s up your order
Just when you thought you can finally fill up that tummy of yours with that delicious food you wanted… #BiggestDisappointmentEver
12. Food from other people always seem yummier
Ever go in a restaurant, choose your meal, after that only notice that the people beside you have tastier looking food? Then you slowly start to doubt that meal you ordered. #HappenedWayTooManyTimes
13. Finally fulfilling that craving you have feels like no other
Just when we’re tucked in comfortable in our bed, our tummy rumbles. Great. Now, either we drag ourselves out of our bed, or actually go out in the dark night to find us some food.
Did The Deputy Defence Minister Misuse A Royal Air Force Carrier For Personal Use?
Misusing of government property for non-official reasons is irresponsible and downright abuse of power. Hopefully this was all just a...
Shah Alam Traffic Light Timer Is So Long, This Motorcyclist Decided to Kick Back and Relax
If you are currently staying in Shah Alam or have gone there before, you know that apart from the countless...
Watch: Driver Leaves A WHOLE Sack Of Onions On Car Roof & Drives Around
Whether we realise it or not, the roof of our car more often than not, winds up being a really...
MR DIY Opens MR Dollar Where EVERYTHING Is RM2 Or RM5
You know you’re an adult when you go to MR. D.I.Y. to buy one specific item but end up with...
PM Muhyiddin: Malaysia Will Contribute RM1 Million To Help Lebanon
The Malaysian government will channel humanitarian aid of RM1 million to help the Lebanese people affected by the explosion in...
- Current Affairs23 hours ago
JUST IN: Penang Man Found Breaking Home Quarantine At Exhibition Centre, Fined RM1,000
- Videos23 hours ago
Watch: Little Girl Cries A River After Her CAT Destroys Her Homework
- News8 hours ago
Student Breaks Down After Being Fined RM1,000 For Not Wearing Mask Correctly
- News24 hours ago
Cancer Survivor Auntie Sells RM1 Nasi Lemak By Roadside To Survive