Throughout the years, there have been many cases of people drugging up their acquaintances to do unspeakable things to them. Some victims have reported these incidents to authorities but unfortunately, there are definitely many that have gone unreported as well.
On 12th July, a Chinese woman posted her experience on Weibo about a male acquaintance of hers who tried to spike her drink with an aphrodisiac.
Her drink was spiked while she wasn’t looking
The woman says that the incident happened in a buffet restaurant in Shenzhen, China. While the woman was not paying attention, her male friend sneakily put some suspicious white powder in her drink. Thankfully, a waiter saw the ‘spiking’ and stood dutifully next to the table. When he saw that she was going to reach for her drink, he immediately went over to change her drink.
The woman then went to the restroom and the waiter warned her of what had happened when she came out. He kept the cup of water as proof. She even managed to take a picture of the remnants of the white powder on the table.
In the post, she revealed that she told her friends about the experience and it eventually reached the perpetrator himself. He apologised profusely and admitted to committing the heinous act. The guy even told her that he had bought the drug from America with the intention of giving it to his girlfriend. He offered to compensate her but she rejected it.
Her rationale is that if this guy walks off scot-free, who knows how many other girls will fall victim to his ploy. The police are now involved in this case and are conducting investigations.
Drink spiking isn’t something new it has been happening all over the world for quite some time now. As the proverb goes, “prevention is better than cure”. Ultimately, the blame is 100 per cent on the perpetrator but in the world, we’re living in, we can never be too careful.
- Do not drink anything that you think might be spiked, and if you see others doing so, including people you know, call it out.
- Don’t accept any drinks at all from strangers, instead, try to buy your own drinks and it will be best if you watch the bartender prepare it.
- Don’t drink anyone else’s drink other than your own.
- Avoid drink from communal jugs or cocktail bowls.
- Don’t take your eyes off your drink. If you have to leave the table (to go to the toilet, for example), ask a friend to watch over the drinks. If you can’t, then consider replacing the drink when you come back.
- Buy drinks that come in bottles with screw-top lids. Carry the bottle in your bag when you go elsewhere.
- Don’t consume your drink if you think if you’re suspicious it may have been spiked (the smell/taste/colour has changed, it is fizzing a lot and/or the straw is missing.
- Request for help from someone you completely trust or approach the manager of the place
- If you feel unwell or have been sexually assaulted, go to the authorities immediately and get checked by a health practitioner.
Remember to always stay vigilant and stay safe out there everyone!
Nurse In Singapore Breaches Quarantine To Buy Bubble Tea & Visits Friend, To Be Jailed For 7 Weeks
A nurse who worked in the Singapore General Hospital came back from her vacation in Australia on 21 March 2020....
India’s High Court Says Molesting Without Skin-On-Skin Contact Is Not Sexual Assault
The High Court in India has ruled that groping a child through their clothes does not equate to sexual assault....
These Roads In Gombak Will Be Closed For Thaipusam From 27-29 January
Take note, road users! A few roads in Gombak will be closed starting today (27 January) until the morning of...
PAS President Says Political Hatred In M’sia Happens Due To Influence Of “Devils With Human Faces”
PAS President, Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang, published a critique on the Malaysian political agenda on his Facebook page yesterday (26...
Surau Members in Negeri Sembilan Under Investigation For Violating SOPs During MCO
The Negeri Sembilan Islamic Religious Affairs Department (JHEAINS) caught several members of Surau Taman Matahari Heights Senawang violating standard operating...
Social Stories24 hours ago
“You’re unwilling to learn from your past mistakes” Anonymous Malaysia Warns Government
News24 hours ago
Father in KL Severely Beaten Up After He Confronted His 15yo Son’s Bully For Constantly Harassing Him
Social Stories22 hours ago
“There’s nothing to do!” M’sian Earning RM1.6K Salary Says He Wants To Quit As His Job Is Too Easy
Social Stories23 hours ago
“I only drink other beverages” South Korean Man Drinks Water For The First Time In 20 Years!