Have you seen these high stools?
Chances are, you’ve probably sat on one before. Restaurants and bars all over the place use similar high stools as part of their furnishings, but who knew they’d be at the center of a freak accident. Unfortunately, that’s what happened as described in this Facebook post that recently recirculated online, garnering 287,000 shares and 92,000 comments.
Dayana Duarte was having a Christmas party at her home when her sister-in-law, who weighs only 23kg, attempted to sit on one of these chairs. Disaster struck when the seat fell in on itself, exposing the metal rod in the middle – which then pierced her sister-in-law’s leg.
At the hospital, doctors informed them that if the metal rod had been 7cm off, the incident could have been fatal. They’re lucky that she was about to sit down instead of being in a completely seated position. That’s certainly one of the more unpleasant ways to die, if you ask me.
If you have one of these at home, time to get new stools, guys. (Make sure to get the four legged ones.)
Vitamin C: 5 Fascinating Facts M’sians Need To Know About The Most Popular Vitamin In The World
Ever since we were kids, our moms would tell us to take vitamin C so we don’t get sick. Most...
OMG! This e-Wallet Lets M’sians Pick & Win ANY Gift They Want, Including a Samsung S20 Ultra!
As of today, e-wallets are widely used all over the country. It’s safer, more convenient, and with the multitude of...
Watch: Malaysian Men Completely Transformed After Doing The Viral ‘HairSome’ Challenge
With the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) still in place, one of the many businesses still not allowed to operate...
- News24 hours ago
Double Whammy! Cop in George Floyd Case Faces Murder Charges and Divorce
- Life4 hours ago
Covid-19: Japan Bans ALL Tourists From Malaysia Indefinitely
- Malaysia23 hours ago
Ismail Sabri: Undocumented Immigrants in Malaysia Will Be Deported
- Malaysia21 hours ago
KKM: New Covid-19 Cluster Detected In Putrajaya Detention Centre