PM Muhyiddin has just unveiled his economic stimulus package that’s worth up to RM250 billion that is set to benefit all members of the rakyat during this troubling time. If you didn’t catch his live stream speech, don’t worry! We got you covered with all the important details that you need to know here:
- Medical frontliners receive RM400-600 a month (doctors, nurses and medical staff starting 1st April 2020 until end of MCO.
- Army, PDRM, customs officers and RELA to receive RM200 starting 1st April 2020 until end of MCO).
- RM10 billion allocated for one-off payments to those in M40 group.
- RM1,600 for four million households that earn less than RM4,000 a month.
- RM1,000 for 1.1 million households that earn RM4,000-8,000 a month.
- RM800 for 3 million singles aged 21 and above who earn RM2,000 and below.
- RM500 for singles aged 21 and above who earn RM2,001-RM4,000 a month.
- Remaining cash donations that amount to RM3.2 billion under BSH Programme will be paid starting July 2020.
- Students in Higher-learning education institutions to receive one-off payments of RM200.
- The nation’s rulers will work with NGOs, societies and social enterprises to provide food, health and accommodation services with a budget of RM25 million.
- Exemption of rental payment for PPR and public housing for six months.
- Free Internet from April onwards until the end of MCO.
- Government together with TNB will add an allocation of RM530mil for discounts between 15% and 50% for electricity usage up to a maximum of 600kW a month for six months from the April bill.
- Govt will pay the salaries borne by contractors involved in the service sector, such as cleaning services and supply of cooked food in government agencies.
- Govt will introduce a wage subsidy of RM600 a month for three months for employers with a 50% drop in business since Jan 1, for workers with a salary of below RM4,000.
- Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) levy exempted for all sectors for six months starting April 2020.
- Employers are not allowed to cut employees income or force them to take unpaid leave.
- The government will provide RM500 cash assistance to over 1.5 million civil servants in grades 56 and under, including contract workers. Payment will be made by April 2020.
- All e-hailing drivers will be given RM500 compensation.
- RM50 will be given daily to PUI/quarantined individuals for 14 days.
Stay tuned for more updates!
“BMW can’t get the same subsidies as Kancil”, Govt To Introduce New Targeted Fuel Mechanism
Senior Minister and International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali has announced that the federal government is...
Johor Experiences Shortage In Nurses As They Prefer Working In Singapore For Better Salaries
It appears that Johor is having a severe shortage of nurses, leading the state government to arrange for a meeting...
“Parliament proceedings are toxic & like pasar malam” – Ex Parliament Speaker Recalls His Experience
Parliament is a place intended for our representatives to debate on reforms and important issues. However, in Malaysia, there appears...
Space Debris Mysteriously Found in 3 Areas in India, Suspected to be From Chinese Rocket
Although it is rare to get hit by space debris, it appears that it is becoming a regular occurrence in...
PDRM On Lookout For BMW Driver For Braking Abruptly Several Times To Purposely Bother Other Drivers
The police are currently in the process of tracking down the driver of a white BMW, after the driver was...
UK Single Mother Forced to Undergo Surgery After Accidentally Swallowing a Covid-19 Swab Test
We often hear of people swallowing things which they are probably not meant to, such as coins, nails and even...
Another Database Allegedly Leaked & on Sale For Almost RM44,000, Has Information on 22.5 MILLION M’sians
Just 8 months ago 2 huge database were put up for sale on a well-known marketplace forum. One of the...
Minister: All States Agree On Min. RM0.20 Pollution Charge Per Plastic Bag To Combat Single Use Plastic
We use a lot of plastic bags in our daily life, especially when we tapau lunch or go to get...
Social Stories11 hours ago
Students Made To Sit On The Floor While Teachers Get VVIP Treatment At School Event
Social Stories9 hours ago
UKM Makes History By Becoming The First M’sian Public University To Open A Branch Overseas
Social Stories6 hours ago
PM Ismail Sabri Defends Decision To Appoint Controversial Lecturer As His Special Officer
Social Stories6 hours ago
No Elon Musk, No Problem – Finance Expert