Disclaimer: This relaxation of SOPs is only entitled to FULLY VACCINATED individuals.
Caretaker Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin just announced the reopening of several economic sectors for states under Phase 1 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP).
This, of course, applies only to those who have been fully vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccine. Individuals who have received the vaccine that requires two doses (Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Sinovac), are only considered fully vaccinated 14 days after their second dose.
Individuals who have received the vaccine that only requires one dose (Johnson & Johnson, CanSino), are only considered fully vaccinated 28 days after the date of vaccination.
Here’s a list of activities that are ALLOWED to operate starting 20 August:
- Restaurant operators should provide more dining space outside the premises for better ventilation as the risk of transmission of Covid-19 is higher indoors than outdoors.
- Owners of eateries must ensure that those entering the premises for dine-in MUST show a Covid-19 digital certificate that proves the individual has been fully vaccinated.
- Couples who have been fully vaccinated and plan to bring children aged 17 and below for dine-in at restaurant premises must ensure that their children adhere to strict SOPs.
- Activities allowed include non-contact sports and non-group activities that are held in semi-open and open areas.
- Physical distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Premises involved in these activities are allowed to open from 6am to 10pm.
- Activities allowed include jogging, exercise, taichi, cycling, skateboarding, fishing, equestrian, archery, climbing, tennis (singles), badminton (singles), golf, motoring and the like.
- Dine-in activities at restaurants or cafes at these premises are ALLOWED in accordance with the dine-in SOPs.
- Premises owners must ensure that those entering the premises for dine-in MUST show a Covid-19 digital vaccination certificate which shows that the individual has been fully vaccinated.
- Operation of changing rooms or shower facilities at clubhouse premises are NOT ALLOWED to prevent any gathering after sports to reduce the risk of infection.
- Picnics and camping activities are allowed.
- Children under 17 years old are allowed provided strict SOPs are adhered to.
- Relevant enforcement authorities, as well as owners of the premises, must ensure that customers who enter the premises MUST show their digital certificate of Covid-19 vaccination to prove that the individual has been fully vaccinated.
Muhyiddin said that this decision was made as immunisation coverage has increased and critical Covid-19 cases are beginning to show a downward trend and is expected to decline further.
“Today, I chaired a Special Session of the National Security Council (NSC) to discuss and consider proposals by the NSC Special Technical Committee to further expand social and economic sector facilities, especially for Phase 1 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP),” he said.
“The NSC Special Session today was also attended by the Director-General of Public Service, Secretaries-General from each ministry, Director General of Health, Director General of NSC, Director General of Immigration and senior Government officials concerned.”
“For the record, the consideration made today takes into account the positive development of the complete vaccination rate of the adult population nationwide which has exceeded 50%. This achievement is earlier than the previous target of 31 August 2021.”
He also added that the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme (PICK) has been progressing, namely in Labuan, Sarawak, Negeri Sembilan, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
“BMW can’t get the same subsidies as Kancil”, Govt To Introduce New Targeted Fuel Mechanism
Senior Minister and International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali has announced that the federal government is...
Johor Experiences Shortage In Nurses As They Prefer Working In Singapore For Better Salaries
It appears that Johor is having a severe shortage of nurses, leading the state government to arrange for a meeting...
“Parliament proceedings are toxic & like pasar malam” – Ex Parliament Speaker Recalls His Experience
Parliament is a place intended for our representatives to debate on reforms and important issues. However, in Malaysia, there appears...
Space Debris Mysteriously Found in 3 Areas in India, Suspected to be From Chinese Rocket
Although it is rare to get hit by space debris, it appears that it is becoming a regular occurrence in...
PDRM On Lookout For BMW Driver For Braking Abruptly Several Times To Purposely Bother Other Drivers
The police are currently in the process of tracking down the driver of a white BMW, after the driver was...
UK Single Mother Forced to Undergo Surgery After Accidentally Swallowing a Covid-19 Swab Test
We often hear of people swallowing things which they are probably not meant to, such as coins, nails and even...
Another Database Allegedly Leaked & on Sale For Almost RM44,000, Has Information on 22.5 MILLION M’sians
Just 8 months ago 2 huge database were put up for sale on a well-known marketplace forum. One of the...
Minister: All States Agree On Min. RM0.20 Pollution Charge Per Plastic Bag To Combat Single Use Plastic
We use a lot of plastic bags in our daily life, especially when we tapau lunch or go to get...
Social Stories10 hours ago
Students Made To Sit On The Floor While Teachers Get VVIP Treatment At School Event
Social Stories7 hours ago
UKM Makes History By Becoming The First M’sian Public University To Open A Branch Overseas
Social Stories5 hours ago
PM Ismail Sabri Defends Decision To Appoint Controversial Lecturer As His Special Officer
Social Stories5 hours ago
No Elon Musk, No Problem – Finance Expert