Have you ever felt tired of the hustle and bustle of city life? We can all use a little escape from time to time and nothing feels better than to be surrounded by lush greenery as we breathe in some fresh air. If you’ve been craving to unwind from the stress of life, then read on to find out a few refreshing activities that you can check out this weekend!
1. Clear your mind on a therapeutic fishing trip @ Hulu Langat Fishing Resort
Distance from KL: 34-minute drive
At the Hulu Langat Fishing Resort, it doesn’t matter if you’re a newbie because you can get everything you need there including fishing rods, hooks, bait, etc. You can catch a variety of fishes from their pond such as Siamese carp, Amazonian catfish, Arapaima and more. We’d recommend renting the VIP platform so you’ll have your own private deck to fish comfortably from (starts from RM160 per unit for up to 6 anglers). It also comes with an attached toilet, sofa, fan, dining table and chairs.
2. Escape the city by dining in a nature-themed cafe @ Pineyard, Janda Baik
Distance from KL: 46-minute drive
If you love cafe-hopping, you can escape from KL to enjoy a hearty breakfast in Janda Baik at the Pineyard cafe! They serve a fusion of Western dishes and local delights and of course, you can’t forget the coffee beverages and desserts.
Admired for its rustic interior, this cafe is the perfect getaway if you’re looking to recharge with fresh air away from the bustling city. Just imagine sipping your latte while overlooking the beautiful forest. ?
3. Live your idyllic fisherman life & enjoy a seafood feast @ Pulau Ketam, Klang
Distance from KL: 49-minute drive + 40-minute ferry ride
Pulau Ketam is a fishing village located in Klang. You’d have to travel to Port Klang and then hop on a ferry to get to the island but the journey will be well worth it! The scenic island gives us a taste of that dreamy kampung life we all admire.
The must-do things on the island include renting an electric scooter/bike for a ride around town, taking photos of the colourful houses, enjoying delicious seafood dishes and shopping for some fresh seafood with the local fishermen.
4. Indulge in a variety of outdoor activities @ Paya Indah Discovery Wetlands
Distance from KL: 35-minute drive
The Paya Indah Discovery Wetlands is a protected sanctuary located next to Gamuda Cove and it is a habitat for many endangered species. There is surprisingly an abundance of outdoor activities that you can enjoy here such as:
- Animal feeding
- Safari tour
- Horseback riding
- Hot air balloon rides
- Camping, and more!
The wetlands is open every day except Tuesday and each activity would have varying rates. Whether you’re coming with your family or friends, from kids to adults, you’ll definitely have a productive weekend here!
5. Go hiking at a scenic trail for an exciting workout @ Bukit Gasing, PJ
Distance from KL: 11-minute drive
The Bukit Gasing Hiking Trail is located in a 100-acre forest reserve which means you’ll be surrounded by tall trees. This beginner-friendly trail has a few different routes you can choose from (depending on the level of difficulty that you’d prefer) and one route even includes a hanging bridge which would be perfect for those OOTD shots. There’s no entrance fee and the hiking duration can take around one to two and a half hours.
6. Bond with your family in nature @ Rumah Kebun Camping Ground, Hulu Langat
Distance from KL: 34-minute drive
You’ve probably heard of the super aesthetic Rumah Kebun (a private homestay) which is known for its stunning pool that’s fed by natural spring water! But if you’re more adventurous, we’d recommend going camping at the Rumah Kebun Camping Ground!
What we love about this site is that it’s super beginner-friendly as you can rent the Premium Site (RM600/6 pax) which comes complete with a sleeping tent with six mattresses and other facilities such as:
- Shower with hot water
- Raised timber platform
- Ceiling fan
- Power socket
- BBQ pit with parasol
- Bonfire pit
- Parking (2 cars per site)… and more!
If you’re planning to try out these outdoor activities, do remember that your safety is the most important thing! Here are a few precautionary steps you can take:
- Dress appropriately. Light and breezy clothing are always optimal!
- Apply sunscreen and make sure to reapply it throughout the day.
- Carry a bag to not only bring your necessities but also to store your trash until you find a bin.
Another important tip is to bring more water than you think is necessary. You never know how much you’ll be sweating and you can get dehydrated really quickly! However, if you’re bringing a bunch of mineral water bottles, please remember to not leave them around so we can keep mother nature clean.
Alternatively, instead of carrying a bunch of 1L bottles around, why not pack two or three of the 6L or 9.5L water bottles? This way, there’s less waste and you’ll definitely have enough water for everybody! But if you find it tricky to pour water from these large bottles, you can opt for a water pump dispenser!
We’re talking about none other than the all NEW Spritzer Water Pump Dispenser!
This new water pump dispenser is a handy companion to bring on any sort of outdoor activity so you can enjoy your favourite silica-rich natural mineral water whenever, wherever! In case you didn’t know, silica is important for our health as it can help to promote bone growth, soften our blood vessels and also increase our collagen levels to enhance our hair, skin and nails.
Wondering what’s so special about it? We’ll tell you!
- It’s easy to use with just a push of a button.
- It’s convenient and portable with a compact and light design and it also has long battery life.
- Affordably priced at only RM39.90 (but if you’d like to grab it at a special price, read more to find out! ?)
- Compatible with both the 6L & 9.5L Spritzer Mineral Water bottles.
Here’s how you can easily use the water pump with a Spritzer Mineral Water:
- Wash the hose and attach it to the inlet of the Spritzer Water Pump Dispenser.
- Remove the Spritzer Natural Mineral Water cap’s safety seal and the dispenser insert cap.
- The bottle cap should stay on the bottle. Simply insert the hose through the hole and fix the water pump accordingly.
- Once it’s fixed, you should be able to enjoy your Spritzer Mineral Water with just a push of the button!
Psstt… make sure to charge it for three hours before the first usage!
Interested? Then you’ll be glad to know that you can now grab the Spritzer Water Pump Dispenser at a great combo price! You can choose between:
- Spritzer Mineral Water (6L) + Spritzer Water Pump Dispenser (1 unit) =
- Spritzer Mineral Water (9.5L) + Spritzer Water Pump Dispenser (1 unit) =
This promo is available from now until 15 April 2022 so make sure to grab it while you can! This water pump will be convenient for indoor usage too, be it at home or at the office, so it’ll be easier to meet your daily water intake goal. Not to mention that it’ll be very useful in case of any water cuts. ?
For more information to make the purchase, make sure to visit the Spritzer website here.