An 11-year-old girl was rushed to a health clinic in Lawin, Perak, after accidentally eating cannabis-infused chocolate cookies made by her father on Monday (May 29).
According to a report by Sinar Harian, the Perak Police Chief Datuk Seri Mohd Yusri Hassan Basri shared that his party received a report from the clinic’s medical assistant at around 10:26pm in regards to the condition of the little girl, who was suffering from shortness of breath, dizziness and nausea.
“An investigation found that the cookies were suspected to be mixed with marijuana, made by the victim’s father and causing her to experience the symptoms.”
“The victim was then take to the Gerik Hospital to receive treatment before being referred to the Taiping Hospital for further examinations,” he said.
The girl’s father, a 38-year-old man who works as a rubber tapper, was detained along with the cookies for further investigations.
“The urine screening test carried out found that the suspect was positive for tetrahydrocannibol (THC). The suspect was remanded for 5 days until this Saturday (June 3) to be investigated in accordance with Section 31(1)(a) of the Children Act 2001 and Section 15(1)(a) of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952,” he added.
The little girl is reportedly still receiving treatment at the hospital and is in stable condition.
We genuinely hope that she has a speedy recovery.