As Malaysians, our lives are mostly centred around food. Many of us can’t seem to live without eating meat & fried foods which can cause serious health issues in the long run. But we know it can be pretty difficult to make the switch to healthier options. If this sounds like you and you’re looking for guilt-free snack options that still taste yummy, we have just the answer for you!
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’d know that plant-based diets are all the rage right now. While the term ‘plant-based’ may sound scary, it isn’t as daunting as it sounds. A plant-based diet emphasizes on foods such as fruits, vegetables and beans and limits your intake of meats, dairy and eggs.
With that said, we decided to go on a plant-based snack hunt in order to find healthier alternatives for snacking in the office. Here’s what we found!
1. We made plant-based snacks for our colleagues and it was super easy!
We headed to the supermarket to see if we could find what we were looking for. Much to our surprise, we found these amazing plant-based snacks from the brand First Pride Green Series. We decided to try all three of their plant-based options which were the First Pride Bites, First Pride Spicy Nuggets and the First Pride Strips!
Overall, we think it’s pretty cool to see plant-based options stocked in the supermarket. These plant-based snacks are really intriguing especially because they’re incredibly affordable! Healthy food without breaking the bank? Count us in!
When we got home, we started to prep the Bites, Strips and Spicy Nuggets. Much to our surprise, it was super easy to make! All we had to do was place them in the air fryer at 180°C and they came out perfectly crispy! The best part is that they were done in a matter of minutes:
- First Pride Spicy Nuggets – 11 to 12 minutes
- First Pride Strips – 13 to 14 minutes
- First Pride Bites – 10 to 11 minutes
Then, we packed the snacks and had them delivered to our colleagues for them to try!
2. Nobody believed us when we said the food was plant-based!
We decided we weren’t going to tell our colleagues that they were made from soy & wheat protein. After everyone had their share of Bites, Strips and Spicy Nuggets, only did we reveal to them that they just had plant-based snacks and guess what? Nobody believed us. 😂
Needless to say, our colleagues were pleasantly surprised that these snacks were made from plant-based protein! The meat-like texture and the spiciness from the Spicy Nuggets definitely had everyone fooled for sure.
Here’s what we thought of each of the variants…
First Pride Bites:
- The firm and crisp texture made this the perfect snack
- You definitely taste the herbs and spices such as paprika and cayenne pepper
- Drizzle your favourite chilli sauce over it for an added kick
First Pride Spicy Nuggets:
- The overall texture of the nuggets was tender and very juicy
- We had a burst of flavours from the herbs and spices after just one bite!
- We paired it with sweet chilli sauce and it was the perfect dip!
First Pride Strips:
- We used the Strips to make a salad wrap for dinner and the flavours paired perfectly with lettuce & tomatoes.
- There was a slight peppery taste to it which gave it a good kick
- For that extra oomph, we added some kewpie mayo and it was delish!
Who knew plant-based protein could taste so good???
After our little snack adventure, some of us decided to stock up on these First Pride Green Series plant-based snacks for our lockdown munchies! After all, they are healthy and guilt-free which is just what we need to survive this FMCO.
3. Wanna join us? Here’s everything you need to know about the amazing plant-based snacks!
Yes, come join us! The First Pride Green Series plant-based snacks are super convenient to make so you definitely need to check them out during this lockdown period. You can enjoy them guilt-free with no compromise in taste!
The three delicious plant-based snacks that you can try from the First Pride Green Series line include:
First Pride Bites
First Pride Spicy Nuggets
First Pride Strips
They are ALL super addictive! We also love the fact that these take less than 10 minutes to make and it’s incredibly convenient as we can take them from the freezer straight into the pan!
Besides the fact that they are super delicious and made with no added MSG, here are a few other amazing benefits:
- The entire First Pride Green Series line is 100% JAKIM Halal certified
- With the Recommended Retail Price of only RM19.90 per 420g pack, they are super affordable!
- Great for those who are looking out for their health since this contains high amounts of protein with no trans-fats
- Whether you are a busy, working professional or someone who is health-conscious, it’s suitable for anyone & everyone!
Wow, are you blown away yet? These snacks are healthy, convenient and super yummy.
The entire First Pride Green Series is available at all major supermarkets and grocery stores! You can find them at the stores below:
- AEON Big
- Village Grocer
- Jaya Grocer
- Cold Storage
If you prefer to shop from the comforts of your own home, you can do that too! Since it’s FMCO and we’re all staying at home, just head over to Panda Mart to get your hands on the First Pride Green Series. All you gotta do is place your order and wait for it to arrive within 30 to 45 minutes. Shopping has never been easier!
However, please note that Panda Mart is only available in Klang Valley, Ipoh, Penang, Malacca, Johor, Kuantan, Terengganu and Kelantan.
We mean business when we say you gotta try these for yourself to truly experience it. A healthy snack with no compromise in taste or texture, what more could you ask for? Be sure to pick up a few packs when you’re out for groceries or stay home and shop via Panda Mart! Super simple 👏🏻
54 People Compounded RM2k Each After They Were Caught Jogging & Lepaking In Klang
It is easy to assume that most people would know and comply with the SOPs since we are in our...
Deep-Sea Explorer Who Found The Titanic Offered To Search For MH370 But Was Rejected
Renowned ocean explorer Bob Ballard says he would be on board to search for the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, that...
Man In JB Kidnapped By 5 Other Men & Released An Hour Later, Motive Still Unknown
A man in his 20s was kidnapped by five men in Mount Austin Park in Johor Bahru on 9 June...
Man Goes Into Road Rage & Threatens Driver With Iron Rod For Almost Causing Accident In KL
The police are tracking down a motorcyclist who acted aggressively and threatened a driver with an iron rod near Menara...
Woman Loses RM2.7 Million To Tinder Match Who Turned Out To Be A Scammer
Finding love in the 21st century is neither easy nor hard. Some of us have found great friends through apps...