With the dawn of every new year, most people would often set a few new resolutions that they wish to achieve for the year. But considering that we’ve welcomed 2021 in a ‘new normal’ way, it’s hard for us to set up expectations since the entirety of last year has been a giant moment of unexpected history!
Thus, we think that it’s probably time to stop being so hard on ourselves and put those resolutions to rest this year. Instead, let’s focus on a few things that really matter to ourselves. Check out this list to get a better idea!
1. Pay attention to your mental wellness
Staying at home during MCO is definitely safer for everyone, but it can take a toll on your mental health. If you’ve been feeling demotivated, stressed or lonely, please start taking steps to improve your emotional state and mental wellness. What you can do:
- Try to do some meditation or breathing exercise. A good simple one is the ‘square breathing’ method where you can inhale, hold, exhale, hold, all for 4 seconds each and repeat!
- Walk around your house area to get fresh air (but wear your mask and don’t go wandering too far off!).
- Try to minimise your social media usage as it can promote unhealthy experiences such as feeling isolated or inadequate.
2. Get some exercise even if it’s just aunty-style power walking
If you’re staying at home 24/7 and working on a laptop from 9 to 6 every day, there’s a good chance your body is not getting enough movement, which will lead you to feel like you’ve aged 40 more years in a blink. What you can do:
- Set up a timer to take a break every few hours to get up and stretch.
- Get any form of exercising done, even if it’s just power walking around your house.
3. Say goodbye to teh tarik & boba teas
Yes, we know that pretty much everyone would set ‘get on a diet’ as their resolution but actually, you don’t need to put yourself through torture. Even just by skipping certain sugary drinks can already do wonders! What you can do:
- Skip sugary drinks altogether and all the junk/fast food.
- Start eating your meals on time to avoid snacking or random cravings. NEVER skip your meals!
4. Find a creative hobby to express yourself
Since we have a lot more free time indoors, why not fill them up by indulging in creative hobbies? Not only will this keep you occupied, but it’ll also provide an expressive outlet for your brain. What you can do:
- Try out a new creative hobby like painting or sewing (there are tons of step-by-step kits you can get).
- Challenge your creativity by rearranging furniture or reorganising closets.
5. A simple “you ok bro?” text/call can do wonders for you AND your friend
It is now more important than ever for you to stay connected and check in on your friends from time to time. It will also help you stay socially connected. What you can do:
- Sending a simple “how are you?” text can make all the difference.
- Don’t disregard any ‘red flags’ from their postings on social media.
6. Time to make ‘rumahku, syurgaku‘ a reality!
We’ve spent a great deal of last year staying at home and it seems like we’ll be doing the same this year, too. Thus, try to take some effort to create a more comfortable and stable environment at home to survive through these uncertain times. What you can do:
- Don’t be a hoarder! A cluttered space equals a cluttered mind.
- Reorganise your shelves, cupboards, storerooms, all of it!
- Upgrade your place while the market is beneficial for buyers.
After spending a lot of time at home due to MCO, many Malaysians have come to realise just how much our living environment can actually impact our wellbeing. A good home is important to not only help you stay sane but also to upgrade your overall lifestyle.
Speaking of upgrading, if you’re currently considering moving to a new place, now might be the perfect time to do so, especially with the property market offering so many crazy deals now. I mean, have you seen this one from Tropicana? It’s awesome!
Tropicana Property is having their Tropicana 100 campaign from 20 January to 30 April 2021 where they are offering 10X more deals!
Just like its name, this campaign aims to provide a 100% state of living experience to their buyers as they are offering 100% promos for every purchase, such as:
[client to provide images]
- 100% Returns – Enjoy low booking fees and you’ll also get a 100% return on them!
- 100% Interest-Free Flexibility – The zero-interest easy payment scheme will ease your financial commitments.
- 100% Legal Fees borne by the developer – Legal fees for SPA and Loan Agreement will be absorbed and the stamp duties will also be exempted.
- 100% Furnishing – There are fully and partially furnished units that are move-in ready.
- 100% Financing – Make homeownership easier and more flexible through the lowest monthly payment via Houzkey by Maybank Islamic or enjoy zero down payment by MBSB Maybank.
- 100% Additional Referral Rewards – You can earn double the referral rewards when you successfully introduce a family member or friend.
Moreover, you’ll definitely have a wide range of properties to choose from as this campaign includes 18 of their projects nationwide! From high-rise to landed to even industrial lots, the choice is yours! Check out for the ones near you!
- Tropicana Aman, Kota Kemuning
- Tropicana Metropark, Subang Jaya
- Tropicana Gardens, Tropicana Indah
- Tropicana Heights, Kajang
- Tropicana Miyu, Petaling Jaya
- Tropicana The Residences, KLCC
- Tropicana Grandhill, Genting Highlands
- Tropicana Landmark, Kota Kinabalu
- Tropicana Danga Cove, Iskandar Malaysia
- Tropicana Uplands, Gelang Patah
Don’t these pictures look so inviting? You can also visit their website and view the brochures for each residence or take a virtual tour! That will definitely come in handy especially during MCO. 😜
As we’ve mentioned before, this promo will only last until 30 April 2021 so you definitely need to hurry and check these out. Plus, the first 100 bookings will be taking home some super special gifts such as Furnishing Vouchers worth up to RM20,000!
So hurry guys, head on to Tropicana’s website and register now!
Have any habits you want to improve in 2021? Share with us below!
“No compromise!” PDRM Inspector & Officers Arrested During Drug Party At Ipoh
PDRM Perak arrested one of their inspectors and five officers who were partying in a private gathering at an apartment...
Waja Driver Slams Through Vehicles To Avoid Police, Tyres Shot At But Still Escapes
Now that we’ve been in the pandemic for quite a while, we’ve grown accustomed to seeing roadblocks and police officers...
Newborns Get Switched At Melaka Hospital Allegedly By Negligent Health Workers
The state Health Department is conducting an internal investigation into the case of babies being switched at the Melaka Hospital...
Non-Muslim Weddings Allowed In Areas Under MCO, CMCO & RMCO Starting 26 February
The government has agreed to allow non-Muslim wedding ceremonies to be held at the National Registration Department (JPN), Houses of...
“I am healthy” PM Muhyiddin & Dr Noor Hisham Have No Side Effects After Covid-19 Vaccination
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah received their first dose of...