It’s the year 2021, are you still not adapted to e-wallets yet?
In this modern age where everything is done fast, an e-wallet can truly be your best friend. Not only is it way safer than carrying cash around, you’ll also get the most bang for your buck since it comes with other benefits including earning points. Especially if you’re using the GrabPay Wallet, these points can translate into HUGE savings later!
Don’t know how? We’ll show you five ways you can make the most out of your GrabPay Wallet!
1. Spend with your GrabPay Wallet during online campaigns and challenges
Of course, when you shop online and opt to pay with GrabPay, you’re getting more value for your money since you can receive points with every transaction (which you don’t get when you pay with cash or debit 😱). But a very helpful tip to maximise these points is to make sure that you spend during special campaigns and challenges!
ICYMI, Grab often holds monthly campaigns where you can get different rewards just by spending with GrabPay. For instance:
- They have an ongoing Power Up Campaign where you can earn up to 5,000 GrabReward points when you shop on the last day of every month.
- There are also campaigns that allow you to get special rewards when you spend with cards from certain banks, such as Maybank, Citibank, Standard Chartered Bank, and others. For example, this campaign lets you earn up to 4,500 points just by simply topping up with certain cards! Awesome, huh?
By participating in these campaigns, you can earn extra rewards every time you shop! Just make sure to head over to this page to know more about the latest campaigns.
2. Going shopping offline? You can still pay with your GrabPay Wallet
Just because you’re spending offline, doesn’t mean you can’t use your e-wallet. In fact, in this post-MCO era, it’s even safer to go cashless. And it is super easy to do so especially now that you can use GrabPay Wallet at any merchant that has a DuitNow QR code!
If you didn’t already know, DuitNow is Malaysia’s National QR Standard and many merchants are now adopting this QR code as a way to go cashless. The good news is since it is supported by GrabPay Wallet, you can simply scan the DuitNow QR code with your Grab app and you can still earn those GrabReward points!
You can also use this chance to earn more GrabReward points while grocery shopping since Grab is having the ongoing #SureGotPoints campaign to celebrate the fact that GrabPay Wallet is accepted at most major supermarkets now, such as:
- Aeon Big
- Ben’s Independent Grocer
- Village Grocer… and many other supermarkets around the country!
So, the next time you go grocery shopping, make sure to pay with your GrabPay Wallet to get those extra points!
3. Always opt to use GrabPay when using other services
Like we’ve mentioned previously when we pay using our GrabPay Wallet, we can truly maximise each transaction by earning points and accumulating them to save more later on. And what better way to do that than with Grab’s other services! You want food? There’s GrabFood. E-hailing? Book a GrabCar. Groceries? GrabMart has everything you need. Even courier service, cleaning service, getting top-up, paying insurance and so many other services are available on the app!
Plus, Grab has also introduced the Grab PayLater service for when you need to make big purchases! There are two ways you can choose to PayLater:
- Break down your purchase into 4-month instalments.
- Pay in full the next month.
And before you ask, this service is interest-free and there are no fees or upfront payments needed. Super convenient, right? 😍
4. Sign up for the Maybank Grab Mastercard Platinum Credit Card
Did you know that Grab also launched a credit card with Maybank called the Maybank Grab Mastercard Platinum Credit Card? The card actually functions like a normal credit card which means you can use it both online and offline. However, if you use this credit card on your Grab app, you’ll get to enjoy these perks:
- Earn 5x GrabReward points for every RM1 spent on Grab.
- Get a sign-up bonus where you’ll receive 1,000 welcome points.
- Get RM50 worth of GrabFood and GrabCar vouchers with a minimum spend of RM300 within 45 days of card approval.
And so many more! It’s also super convenient to apply since you can do it online via the Maybank2u app;
- Once you’ve clicked on ‘Apply Credit Cards’, make sure to fill in your details accordingly.
- If you’re eligible for the Grab Credit Card, it will appear in your options!
5. Earn rewards by watching ads within the Grab app feed
This is probably a tip that most people didn’t know. The next time you receive an ad while browsing in the Grab app, don’t skip it! Watching those ads by Celcom, University Teknologi Petronas, Mister Potato and more in full could actually earn you some extra points too. Yay, freebies!
And there you have it! If you haven’t been using an e-wallet before, it’s never too late to start! In case you didn’t know, these GrabReward points could equal real money on the app. This is because you can use your accumulated points to redeem other rewards and savings. But how much will you earn with every transaction? Simple! The amount is based on your tier as follows:
- Normal & silver members – 1.5 points for every RM1
- Gold members – 2.25 points for every RM1
- Platinum members – 3 points for every RM1
So the more you spend, the faster you’ll upgrade to a better tier which means the bigger your rewards will be! So what are you waiting for, guys? Download the Grab app today and start spending your way to better savings! Just click here to download Grab for FREE on both the App Store and Google Play.
Do you have other tips on how to maximise your e-wallet savings? Share with us below!
88yo Japanese Doctor Can’t Retire As He Has To Support His 50yo Daughters Who Have No Skills
An 88-year-old doctor from Japan wants to retire from his job but is forced to continue working as he still...
JUST IN: Several KL Roads Congested Due To Stagnant Water & Flash Floods After Rainstorm
Klang Valley is currently going through a rainy season and there have been heavy downpours almost every day. Those travelling...
Another Datuk Exposed As Cartel Head, This Time For Selling Fake Passes To Foreign Workers
Recently, a Datuk was exposed as the mastermind behind a cartel that monopolised government projects. As it turns out, there...
SG Hawkers Forced To Shut Down With 100kg Prawns & 50kg Rice Due To Sudden Closure Notice
Covid-19 can take many things away from us…even our favourite hawker stalls. With food vendors struggling to survive amidst the...
“I want to smell the scent” Japanese Man Steals Women’s Shoes & Replaces Them
A 33-year-old man from Japan was arrested after he was found to have stolen several women’s shoes and replace them...