Have you been experiencing some weird pains on certain parts of your body? Are you suddenly finding it hard to digest some of your favourite foods you used to eat all the time?
Well, welcome to your 30s, the time where pains of ageing start to kick in! This is of course, not something experienced by all people but for most of us who live even an average lifestyle, there’s just no way to avoid these early signs:
1. Your knee feels sore when you get up or exercise
This is a pretty common condition among people in their 30s as much as people who are already in their 70s and 80s, and it is basically because the ‘cushion’ between your knee joints – that help it move smoothly – has worn out. Some people get this condition called osteoarthritis simply because of genetics, while others experience it due to injuries or just from ageing.
If you’re feeling this, it’s best to consult an orthopaedist and seek their medical advice before it worsens. All those years of dancing in clubs during your 20s might have caught up to you. 🙁
2. Your stomach merajuks every time you eat something
As we age, our stomach produces lesser acids that help break down the foods we eat. Most foods will still be okay to eat but anything that’s harder to digest might be a bit too much for your 30-year-old tummy to take. Rubbery textured foods like squid or oysters might be harder for you to digest while spicy foods could also hurt your stomach. There goes your favourite sambal sotong dish! :'(
It might help to take some digestive enzymes to help your stomach break down the food but it would be best to consult a doctor first and see if there might be anything more serious that is affecting your digestion.
3. Frequently forgetting what you did or were planning to do just five minutes ago
Have you ever walked into a room and completely forget what you went in there for? Or maybe you forget something as common as closing the car door before walking off or leaving the stove or oven on at home? Most people might dismiss this as ‘brain farts’ or just memory lapses but if you’re forgetting things very frequently, you might want to get checked by a medical professional.
Multiple studies have shown that the most powerful treatment for mild memory problems is having regular exercise! You get a whole range of other benefits from exercising too, obviously, and we think that’s a win-win situation. Time to get fit, fam!
4. Feeling drowsy before you even start work at the office
Are you one of those people who can’t get through a workday without feeling sleepy or tired before the day even starts? This could mean you’re either just lazy, or you’re experiencing fatigue that could be caused by other health issues like anemia, hyperthyroidism, depression, or just from plain old ageing. There are also other factors that contribute to fatigue, such as our diets and lifestyle.
You might want to look into this with a doctor if you’re always barely pulling through the day even with adequate sleep and nutrition.
5. Don’t ignore the yellow stuff on your teeth
Plaque is that sticky film of bacteria that constantly builds up on and in between your teeth. If plaque bacteria is not removed, it can irritate the gums and cause redness, bleeding and inflammation.
Bleeding gums are also a manifestation of gingivitis, which if untreated, could lead to periodontitis, a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and can eventually destroy the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause teeth to loosen or lead to tooth loss. So if you want to keep your teeth, make sure you keep them clean and get them checked regularly!
6. Waking up feeling like you just ran a marathon in your sleep
According to a national sleep survey done by Neilsen Malaysia in 2018, about 89% of Malaysians suffer from one or more sleep problems. Nearly 46% of them report that they wake up in the middle of the night while 32% say they feel tired or unrested in the morning.
While there are many factors that can affect your sleep, one factor that you can easily correct is to ensure you have a good quality mattress! After a long day at work and running errands, who wouldn’t want a nice, deep sleep they can look forward to every night, right?
A good mattress can improve your quality of sleep and overall health, guys! Don’t say we never inform you. By setting you in a proper sleeping posture, it alleviates pressure from your spine and neck throughout the night, leaving you fresh in the morning after you wake up. A good and restful sleep is something to never skimp on if you want a healthier life!
In an effort to help Malaysians achieve a healthier and better quality of life, Coway is offering a solution that provides holistic improvement to our every day needs: clean water, good sleep and fresh air. Wow!
These three products under Coway are available to Malaysians in a cost-friendly solution:
- GLAZE water purifier – RM119/month including free five-year service
- Redefining coolness with the new Cold Water+ function, GLAZE dispenses the coldest temperature of water continuously thanks to two separate water tanks holding ambient water and cold water
- Safe drinking water with multiple filters and Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtration that removes harmful chemicals and prevents the growth of bacteria
- State-of-the-art features such as water volume control, digital touch panel, child safety lock and more
- Prime Series super single mattress – RM129/month (mattress only) or RM159/month (mattress + bed frame) including free five-year service
- Made with premium materials including memory foam, 100% natural latex, coconut fibre and a five-zone pocket spring
- First premium mattress rental in Malaysia with regular care service
- Comfortable sleep with a mulit-level body support system
- Comes in King size, Queen size and a newly-launched Super Single size, suitable for any body shape or weight
- Changeable topper ensures optimum hygiene and quality
- 5-year mattress care service including dust cleaning for mattress and bed frame, dust mite repellent, UV sterilisation and fogging disinfection
- LOMBOK III air purifier – RM109/month including free five-year service
- Provides real-time updates on the level of micro-fine dust particles and strong odours in the air
- Air purifier with ioniser which eliminates activated oxygen and static electricity in the air
- Clean air solution with 6-step filtration with RBD Plasma filter that removes large or small particles of dust, germs, harmful gas and more
Just with these three items, your overall health can improve right at home! The best part is, you have a choice of either buying them outright or renting them if you have some budget constraints.
ICYMI, Coway has been dedicated to researching and developing environmental solutions particularly in personal health and wellbeing since the late 80s. Their high-tech products are made with thoughtful designs that aim to make the world a better, cleaner and safer place.
C’mon guys, it’s time to start living better and become Stronger Together with Coway!
Video: Motorcyclist Chases & Robs Woman Who Was Alone In Selangor Car Park
A woman was robbed in broad daylight after a motorcyclist approached her while she was alone in a car park....
“He lost majority support” Ex-UMNO Leader Sues PM Over Emergency Proclamation
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and the Malaysian government has been SUED by former Jasin parliamentary coordinator Datuk Seri...
JUST IN: All States In Malaysia Except Sarawak Will Be Under MCO Starting 22 January
In his press conference today, Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri, announced that due to the rising Covid-19 cases in...
PPBM Chief Tests Positive After Organising Large-Scale Haircutting Event In Sepang
The BERSATU Sepang Division Chief, Datuk Suhaimi Ghazali has tested positive for Covid-19 only a week after he attended a...
“Existing punishment is light” Dep Minister Wants Stricter Action Taken Against LGBT Community
Will this be a new issue under the #SiBodohKauDengarSini hashtag that’s going viral? The Religious Division in the Prime Minister’s...